Cholesterol: What Can You Do to Keep It Under Control?

Cholesterol is found in the human body and in some foods, and like other substances, plays a very important role in the functioning of the body.

Their serum levels should be in balance, so that the pathologies associated with hypercholesterolemia are avoided.

The best-known lipoproteins for Health that carry cholesterol in the blood are LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) and HDL (High Density Lipoprotein).

What is the difference and influence of these lipoproteins on health?

LDL has the responsibility of driving cholesterol from the liver to the cells.

When it is available in large numbers in the blood, it can cause problems such as the formation of fat plaques in the arteries and thus collaborate with the onset of coronary diseases.

Already, HDL is in charge of bringing blood cholesterol to the liver, where it is deposited, degraded and then eliminated.

Therefore, this lipoprotein helps to "sweep" the tissue and arterial accumulation of this substance.

As a result, it is preferable that LDL remain at an optimal blood level below 100mg/ dl, and HDL remains between 40mg / dl and 60mg / dl.

Total cholesterol is considered adequate when its value is less than 200ml / dl.

Importance of diet in controlling cholesterol

About 70% of cholesterol is produced in our own body. The other 30% comes from diet.

So ... feeding would not have much importance in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia, right?!

- On the contrary!

The power to be something that you can modify and adapt, is seen as a powerful element of intervention for those who are with this pathological elevation.

Along with the proper eating plan, the practice of physical exercises also contributes to this.

In this way, it is more convenient to seek the care of a nutrition and physical education professional.

I have high cholesterol, what to consume and what to avoid?

Unfortunately, the general population consumes many foods high in saturated fats that contribute to the rise in blood LDL.

Other foods contain resources that can control blood cholesterol levels.

With this attitude, they prevent atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction and other cardiovascular diseases.

Anti-inflammatory and fiber-rich foods are generally potent in lowering blood cholesterol.

Some of them are: avocado, apple, grape, garlic, eggplant, artichoke, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, nuts and seeds, olive oil, soybeans, chickpeas, sweet potatoes and lean meats, not being fried like fish.

Avoid eating high-fat foods such as fried foods, whole milk, butter, yellow cheeses, and high-fat, processed meats.

Always remember:

It is never too late to change the modifiable patterns of our life for the better. Feed yourself and exercise with balance and be happier!

Balance is critical in all areas of your life. Therefore, a healthy lifestyle should be part of your routine.

The power to choose what is essential to your mind and your body is in your hands, so move!



Posted on June 22, 2018 at 06:18 PM